As with anyone that spends time searching for … well … anything can attest to, there are occasionally well-done, informative, and useful sites that you find along the way. With that in mind, I offer these trails that head off to sites I have found to be particularly useful. Some of them are internet-found, others the sites for places I have found in the real world, then added the link. Enjoy.
Fly Fishing / Fly Tying / Outdoors
- Worley Bugger Fly Co. – Great source for fly fishing and fly tying supplies, advice, and also Guide Services.
- The Evening Hatch – Fly fishing supplies and information.
- Yakima River – Current Flow (CFS) (Umtanum) and Water Temp (Horlick).
- American River – Current Flow (CFS) (Nile location)
- Snoqualmie River – Middle Fork (C&R / Open All Year) – Current Flow (CFS)
- Casting Targets – Some general locations of interest.
- Orvis Fly Tying Video Library – Scores of great videos. Sometimes you will have to refresh a page for the YouTube link to play.
- Orvis Fly Fishing Videos – Great resource for learning the basic concepts of fly fishing. Not a replacement for practice, of course!
- Washington fly fishing reports, from Orvis.
- Hatch Chart, multi-state, by Fly Shack.
- 2022 Fly Fishing Season highlights.
Food / Wine Resources
- John Fodera’s Tuscan Vines – Excellent source for Wine Reviews and Recipes (with exceptionally detailed tasting notes!) with an Italian / Tuscan focus.
- SEC Wines – Source for shipped wine. Not a large selection, but when they have what you’re looking for, it can be at a great price.
- Wine Searcher – Another option for seeking out specific bottles and/or vintages.
- Looking for additional Italian wine options? Give Tuscan Vines a visit, and look for Enoteca di Piazza. Sure, you could go straight there, but I recommend visiting John’s site, first!
- Benchmark Wine Group – Another source for shipped wines.
Restaurants by City or Geographic Region
Yakima, WA, Area
- Canyon River Grill – Great dining location in the Yakima River Canyon.
- Cowiche Canyon Grill and Icehouse – Excellent dining experience in downtown Yakima, WA.
- Zesta Cucina – Italian-influenced, local restaurant in Yakima, WA
- List – Seattle (Belltown) restaurant with excellent food.
- Fire & the Feast (Edmonds) – Casual Italian-inspired fare.
- Tulio – Seattle (downtown) – Excellent Italian food in a dark-paneled and cozy setting.
L.A. General Area
- ProAbition – Dining location in Riverside, CA, with great ambiance, food, and beverage options.