I won’t bore you with all the details…but…
- 3 Eggs with touch of milk, half and half, or sour cream
- 1 strip thick cut bacon, crumbled
- Red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Half a sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 4 Crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons unfiltered Apple cider
- Dash of lemongrass paste
- Dash of ginger paste
- Half teaspoon minced garlic
- Healthy pinch of cheddar cheese
- Healthy pinch parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
The key is to caramelize the onion, pepper, and mushrooms, then give the garlic 30-45 seconds with them, to soften and brown slightly. Once there, add the lemongrass, ginger, and cider. Stir and let this gently simmer until reduced to a syrup coating on the onions/pepper/mushrooms, as you cook the egg part of the omelette.
Two thirds of the filling, plus the cheddar, on the inside. Fold over. Remaining filling, parmesan, and crumbled piece of bacon on the outside.
Done in proportion, you get a healthy dose of savory, a hint of apple and caramelization sweetness, lemon zing, and a nicely full stomach.